Saturday, March 13, 2010

another draught



Hi there. I'm glad you found me. This is my first post on my new blog. Let me tell you what Hera (the protagonist in my new mystery A Deadly Draught) and I have planned.




Hera is a microbrewer in the Butternut Valley of upstate New York. She's introduced me to many other brewers nearby and some in Florida. We thought you might like to meet some of them, so we plan to interview a few and have them answer questions about craft beers. In addition, I may talk a little about my connection to beer and how Iget my ideas for what I write. And we shouldn't forget that beer goes well with food, so I'll provide some recipes for you also.




If you don't have access to a local microbrewery or if the weather is too terrible to go outside and shop, let me tell you what I like to do on weekends. On Friday or Saturday night, I play bartender for my neighbors. Here's my recipe for my favorite weekend drink, a pomegranate cosmopolitan:




2 parts vodka


1 part triple sec


1 part pomegranate joice


1/2 part lime juice




Put into a shaker with ice and shake, shake, shake. Pour into martini glass. Have only one.


No comments:

Post a Comment