Monday, April 26, 2010

At the Beer Festival

"I'll try the Stout."




What are all these people doing? Obviously they're braving the spring cold and wet in Hunter, NY to sample over 30 fine microbrews from around the Northeast.





In the picture to the left you can see what warriors these folks are--it's cold, it's wet, the wind is blowing, but that does not keep them from their appointed rounds at each of the brewing tents.








I'm back from Florida, back to my blog, and back to promoting and selling my book while hanging with some great people. I took these pictures on Sunday at the TAP New York, Beer and Food Festival in Hunter, NY. I heard Saturday was a sunny day, but I couldn't make it to the festival until Sunday. My friends in Florida said I brought them the bad weather this past winter. I dismissed their accusation, but they could be right. I'm beginning to think I'm cursed. I feel responsible for raining on the festival. The skies were sunny, and it was warm until I showed up!


Despite my cold feet, I loved the festival. One price admission got you both free beer samples and free food. Not just chops and pretzels, but real food, bratwurst, hamburgers, corn dogs, cheese, chili, and more. What could be better? The downside? I went on a diet this morning.


My thanks to Chuck and all the folks at Butternut Brewing for hosting Glenn and me. And providing us with great beer while we were there.


Next week I hope to have Chuck from Butternut on my blog to answer some questions about brewing his fine ales and naimingthem too. Don't you wonder how he came up with the name "Porkslap Ale"?

No comments:

Post a Comment