|Cover of my mystery Angel Sleuth|
On the way to the event, while hubby was driving, I let my mind wander. That's always dangerous, but before I could help myself I started thinking about stupid things I've said over the years. Most of them are about writing. Because I have an exhibitionist soul, I thought I'd share them with you:
1. Circa 1974 "I do" That lasted two years. No other comment necessary
2. Circa 1979 "This computer thing will destroy a writer's creativity." Sorry, sorry, sorry.
3. Circa 2009 While pitching to an agent at a conference "I don't care if I make money. I just love to write." Her reply, " I do care because I want to make money." Oops.
4. Circa 2000 plus sometime "Ebooks? I love the feel of a book in my hand. Others may not." Now I wish I could wrest the ebook rights away from my publishers.
5. Circa 2010 "Platform? I don't need a platform. I write fiction." Now I say I write about sassy country gals. Sorry, sorry, sorry.
6. Circa 2011 Talking to hubby while he's in Gallup,NM while I'm in upstate New York. "How high can this water go anyway?" Basement pumped of three feet twice the next day.
Still blushing, I'd like to know what you've said. Awe, c'mon, Do it.