Sunday, November 14, 2010

Back in Rural Florida: Hooray for Cowboys, Waterfowl, Alligators, and Horses

No, this is not a picture of a palm tree on a beach with a bikini-clad babe under it.  This is what you can expect in the Florida in which I live.  And you wonder why I have set many of my short stories and my next book Dumpster Dying here!  This is what I saw in the canal next to our house as Glenn and I were having afternoon tea today.  Even better, we spotted the herd of horses that graze in the pasture across this canal.  They were too far away for me to get a good photo, but I'm pleased they are still there.  Unfortunately things do change, and our foray last evening to our favorite cowboy bar was a disappointment because we saw no one there we knew.  We'll try again another weekend.  I refuse to give up dancing to country western music.  If any of you know of a good cowboy bar around Okeechobee, let me know.  I've got a pair of boots that I'm itching to slip on and boogie to some sh-- kicking tunes.

No comments:

Post a Comment